Walk to Feed OC
Proudly Presented by
Second Harvest Food Bank is excited to invite the community to our first-ever Walk to Feed OC on Sunday, September 11, 2022, at Tanaka Farms in Irvine! Held during National Hunger Action Month, this event will bring together people from all walks of life to help raise awareness about food and nutritional insecurity in Orange County.
This fun 1.5-mile non-competitive event with free registration is perfect for families, companies and community-minded individuals and groups. With every step, you're helping us provide dignified, equitable and consistent access to nutritious food for those in need in our community.
Reaching our goal of raising $300,000 could help Second Harvest provide nearly eight additional truckloads of nutritious food, directly supporting our hunger-relief efforts! By participating, you can make this happen!
Become a Sponsor
- Date: Sunday, September 11, 2022
- Time: Check-in begins at 7:30 a.m. and the Walk begins at 9:00 a.m.
- Location: Tanaka Farms – 5380 ¾ University Drive, Irvine, CA 92612
- For information on how to register, create and/or join a team, fundraising ideas and day-of details click the FAQ button below:
We encourage walkers to join or create fundraising teams and invite family, friends and co-workers to support them as they Walk to Feed OC!
When you achieve fundraising milestones, every registered walker can redeem these exciting incentives:
- $125 = Walk to Feed OC t-shirt for walkers 14 and over
- $75 for walkers 13 and under
- $500 = Walk to Feed OC t-shirt + hat
- Top 100 fundraisers will receive a Walk to Feed OC t-shirt + hat + a limited-edition commemorative Walk to Feed OC hoodie
* Shirts and hats will be distributed at check-in day-of the Walk. Hoodie winners will be notified by email approximately 30 days post-Walk for hoodie pick-up at the Food Bank.
COVID-19 Preventative Measures:
Second Harvest is committed to maintaining the health and safety for all Walk to Feed OC participants. Hand-washing and sanitizing stations will be available throughout the Walk venue, and we will put in place other preventative measures consistent with local regulations and CDC guidance at the time of the event. Additionally, we have incorporated COVID language into the Release and Waiver of Liability for all participants.
About Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County
At Second Harvest Food Bank, we envision an Orange County with food and nutritional security for all. In collaboration with our partners, we provide dignified, equitable and consistent access to nutritious food, creating a foundation for community health.
For more information about Second Harvest, please visit www.feedoc.org.