Walk to Feed OC
Proudly Presented by
As we commemorate our 40th year of service, Second Harvest Food Bank is excited to invite the community to our second annual Walk to Feed OC on Saturday, September 9, 2023, at Tanaka Farms in Irvine! Held during National Hunger Action Month, this event will bring together people from all walks of life to raise funds and awareness about food and nutritional insecurity in Orange County.
Participation is FREE to register, with the opportunity to fundraise and earn great incentives. This non-competitive 1.5-mile event is perfect for families, corporations (big and small) and community-minded individuals and groups.
Our goal is to raise $175,000 through team fundraising and $125,000 through corporate sponsorships. Reaching this $300,000 goal could help Second Harvest provide nearly 15 additional truckloads of fresh produce, directly supporting our hunger-relief efforts! By participating, you can make this happen!
- Date: Saturday, September 9, 2023
- 8:00am – Check-In Opens
- 9:00am – Opening Ceremonies
- 9:15am – Walk Begins
- There will be food for purchase and fun activities prior to Opening Ceremonies and after the Walk
- Location: Tanaka Farms, Irvine, CA 92612
- Parking: Will be offsite at Irvine Valley College (5500 Irvine Center Dr, Irvine, CA 92618) with shuttle service to and from Tanaka Farms – more details provided closer to the date
- For information on how to register, create and/or join a team, fundraising ideas and day-of details click the FAQ buttons below:
Registered walkers are our main fundraisers and are encouraged to join or create fundraising teams and invite family, friends and co-workers to support you as you Walk to Feed OC!
As a registered walker/fundraiser, you can redeem these exciting incentives when you achieve fundraising milestones! All incentives will be distributed at check-in day-of the Walk.
About Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County
At Second Harvest Food Bank, we envision an Orange County with food and nutritional security for all. In collaboration with our partners, we provide dignified, equitable and consistent access to nutritious food, creating a foundation for community health.
For more information about Second Harvest, please visit www.feedoc.org.