HAPPY GIVING TUESDAY!
Support The Pad Project’s pad machine programs in 5 countries
At The Pad Project, we believe that no one should miss out on opportunities in their lives because they don’t have access to menstrual products.
“Giving Tuesday was created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. Over the past 10 years, this idea has grown into a year-round global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity.”
This year, The Pad Project is raising funds to support pad machine enterprises that will ensure all women and girls have information and products to manage their menstruation.
We are proud to support pad machine programs in Afghanistan, India, Kenya, Nepal, and Sri Lanka. These pad machine programs employ 6 or more local women, who produce and distribute low-cost quality pads to their community. To date, these programs have produced more than 200,000 pads and provided more than 80,000 girls with menstrual health education.
Funds raised will allow our partner organizations to increase their sales and marketing activities to sustain and expand their pad machine programs.
Here are two testimonials from women who partner with us from Steward’s Trust in Allahabad, India:
- “I took the training and started producing quality pads. I have added to my skills and have been able to earn through it. Through this training I have been introduced to the MHM awareness program and my confidence has increased.” -Pad machine operator
- “I used to bring pads from the market for my shop. I used to buy at 27 rupees per packet and sell it for 30 rupees. It was very expensive. Now I am purchasing pads locally for the Pad Project. I purchase one packet for 9 rupees and sell it in my shop for 21 rupees. I am making a profit of 12 rupees. Women are giving me good feedback about the affordable rate and quality of the pads. It is obvious that it is better than cloth.”- Community sales person
How your donation helps
- $50 - 1 menstrual health awareness workshop for 25 girls
- $120 - 1 year of disposable pads for 10 girls attending school
- $250 - 1 month's salary for 5 women employed on a pad production unit
- $500 - 2-3 years of washable pads for 60 girls attending school
- $1500 - Menstrual health awareness sessions for all girls in secondary grades across 3 schools
Thank you for supporting our work!