The Autism Hero Walk is Michigan’s largest gathering of 5,000+ families with autism to celebrate our everyday superheroes. This annual fundraiser benefits Autism Alliance of Michigan and includes an autism resource fair, on-stage program, united community walk, arts & crafts & entertainment for all ages.
Due to the outdoor setting of this event, vaccination against COVID-19 and masks are highly encouraged but not required to participate in the 2022 Autism Hero Walk.
To learn more about COVID-19 & autism, please click here.
How to Participate:
1. Reserve Your Event Tickets
- Due to capacity restrictions, all walkers (Age 2 and up) must register for the walk.
2. Create or Join a Team and Fundraise
- After you register for the walk you will be prompted to start a team or join an existing team!
- If you are not able to attend the walk, but would still like to fundraise, please click here to create or join a team.
Tickets and sponsorships purchased for the 2022 Autism Hero Walk are non-refundable. The purchase price acts as a donation to Autism Alliance of Michigan’s general fund. This fundraiser allows us to continue to provide free services to thousands of Michigan families affected by autism. Event tickets for The Detroit Zoo are not transferable to any other dates and are only good for Saturday, September 17th, 2022.
Join the Autism Hero Walk Facebook group for tips, tricks and assistance with your fundraising!
Event Day Schedule:
7:00am- Registration Begins & Gates Open
8:45am- Opening Ceremony
9:00am- 1-Mile Walk begins
12:00pm- Event concludes
Donate $10 and receive a ticket to the 2022 Autism Hero Walk (Applies to attendees 2+).
Look forward to the following exciting event features:
- Parking and admission to the Detroit Zoo for the entire day
- Complimentary Autism Hero Walk backpack
- Autism-Resource Fair with over 50+ vendors
- Meet & Greet with Superheroes
- Arts & Crafts
- Entertainment & Games
To view a map of the event click here.
Become a Super Walker and receive fundraising incentives!
Click here to learn more.
Sponsorship & Vendor Tables Available:
Support Michigan's largest autism community gathering by
becoming a Sponsor and Vendor at this year's event.
Spots are limited- so reserve yours before we sell out!
Questions? Email Shaye Beasley at [email protected]
Thank You To Our Sponsors!