Fight Alzheimer’s by raising your heartrate and raising money!
Sick of Alzheimer’s? Then it’s time to get up and do something – literally. You can start by joining our monthlong #BrainGoals Challenge.
It’s easy: all you have to do is create your own personal activity goal then encourage your friends and family to sponsor you. By joining our challenge you’re not only doing something to help end Alzheimer’s, but you’ll also be helping yourself too because physical activity is one of the many things we can do to reduce our risk of Alzheimer’s.
Here are some sample goals:
- Walk 30 minutes every day and encourage your supporters to give $1 for each day you walk.
- Run three miles a week and ask your supporters to donate $5 for each mile.
- Swim five laps twice a week and call on your supporters to contribute $2 for every lap.
- Or whatever works for you!
At UsAgainstAlzheimer’s we want to end Alzheimer’s and promote brain health for everyone. So set your own #BrainGoals and join Us! The challenge runs through February 15, so get moving – for Alzheimer’s and for yourself!
To join the challenge:
- Set an activity and fundraising goal.
- Register by clicking on the "Become a Fundraiser" button above.
- Create a fundraising page. After registering you will be asked to create a fundraising page where you will share your activity goal and your fundraising goal.
- Spread the word! Invite your network to support your fitness challenge or join you in participating in this special event.
To donate and support:
- Click the Make a Donation button at the top of this page.
- Attribute the funds to an individual/team or to the general campaign.
How it Works
- Chose an activity goal for January 15 - February 15, 2024. Run, walk, hike, bike, climb, swim (or do any movement you like) or set a goal to complete a local event like a running race or walk.
- Set your goals: miles completed, best times, endurance, finishing an event between January 15 and February 15, 2024.
- Register by joining an existing team, creating a team of your own, or registering as an individual.
- Secure pledges from supporters who believe in your ability to complete your goals by becoming a fundraiser.
- Run, walk, hike, bike, climb, swim (or do any movement you like) and reach your mileage goal between January 15 and February 15, 2024.
- Track your miles, times, or accomplishments and share with your friends and family! You can track your progress on the free Strava app and share with your supporters! We also invite you to join our club on the Strava app to meet up with other virtual movement challenge members.
- Check to see if your employer will match your gift! Many companies offer matching gift programs and will match charitable contributions or volunteer service by their employees. To find out if your company has an employee matching gift program, contact your Human Resources department.
- See how the group is doing on the team leaderboard!
Frequently Asked Questions and Tips
After registration, what is next?
After registering you will be prompted to create your personal fundraising page and then receive a confirmation email that includes your personal fundraising link. PLEASE REMEMBER to save your confirmation email. Prior to January 15, 2024, you will also receive further information regarding fundraising inspiration, activities, and more. If you have not received a confirmation email, please contact [email protected].
How do I create an individual fundraising page?
After completing the registration form, you will see a popup asking you to create a fundraising page. Click "Personalize My Page." Follow the prompts to create your fundraising page. You can add your own profile photo, set your own fundraising goal, and even personalize the message on your page. Your fundraiser page link will be shared with you in your confirmation email. PLEASE REMEMBER to save your confirmation email. If you need assistance with this process, please contact [email protected].
How do I create or join a team?
After completing the registration form, you will see a popup asking you to create a fundraising page. Select "Join or Create Team." Follow the prompts to create or join a team. At the top of your personalization page, you will find two tabs: one to personalize your own page and one to personalize your team page. If you need assistance with this process, please contact [email protected].
How do I edit my fundraising page?
After you created your fundraising page you should have received an email with the subject "Your Fundraising Page is Ready." Open that email and click "Edit My Page." If you did not receive an email please contact [email protected].
Where can I find the Fundraiser Toolkit?
You can access the Fundraiser Toolkit here.
How do I log into my fundraising account?
You can learn how to do so here.
How do I become a Member of UsAgainstAlzheimer's?
By donating as little as $25 today to this challenge, you will become a Member of UsAgainstAlzheimer’s. You can learn more about membership by visiting this link: https://www.usagainstalzheimers.org/join-us
Whom can I contact with questions?
Please contact [email protected].
UsAgainstAlzheimer’s is engaged in a relentless pursuit to end Alzheimer’s, the sixth leading killer in America. Our work centers on prevention, early detection and diagnosis, and access to treatments – all regardless of gender, race, or ethnicity. To achieve our mission, we give voice to patients and caregivers while partnering with government, scientists, the private sector, and allied organizations - the people who put the “Us” in UsAgainstAlzheimer’s.
To learn more, visit: https://www.usagainstalzheimers.org/